Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sheryl Sandberg

My PhD (written many moons ago, and now collecting dust somewhere) is dedicated to the three men in my life: patidev, big brother, and dad (aside: poor mom, bless her kind soul, was brave and composed, but clearly shaken to be the only one in the family left out).


These are three men who believe in me, encourage me, and give me the strength to dream big. These are men who have taken great pride in their work, and have constantly shown me how to. These are men, who after all these years, are still my role models. However, now, I also think of my mom as a great influencer. I think more about women, and how they shape the world. I think it is the challenges of giving birth, nursing, nurturing that makes one look for women role models.

I recently attended PBWC conference in San Francisco. I was moved by this keynote speech that Sheryl Sandberg gave. I don't know if it would have resonated when I was 25. Like P from this blogpost, I too am looking for 40+ women role models. Luckily, I am finding them.



No comments: