Thursday, August 20, 2009

The gift of gab?

"Amma, Can I tell you something? I was just sitting, and teddy bear was right next to me, and I thought I should read this book to him. Can I read now?"

Brat #2 is a running commentator. She is constantly verbalizing her inner thoughts and checking that we agree. It is irritating and hilarious all at the same time.

Here is what happened today:

B2: Amma!
Alice: Yes?
B2: Amma!
Alice: What do you want?
B2: Can you come here?
Alice (to patidev): I am cooking. Can you check?
Patidev: What do you want?
B2: I want Amma to come here.
Patidev: She can't. She is busy.
B2: OK. Then, can you come?
Patidev gets up and walks to the far end of the house, to find B2 sitting on the potty with her stuffed dog (who she calls teddy bear).
Patidev: Don't take teddy bear to the potty with you! Here, let me set him on the bed.
Patidev: OK. What do you want.
B2: Long ago, may be yesterday, Amma told me something.
Patidev: hm.
B2: I was going potty, and I wiped. And I called Amma to wipe, so she can check, and you know what she said?
Patidev: hm.
B2: She wiped and there was no brown on the wipe, so she said I could wipe by myself.
Patidev: hm.
B2: So, I am going to wipe by myself today. I don't need you to wipe for me. OK?
Patidev (leaving): OK.
B2: Can you tell Amma?
Patidev: OK. I will tell Amma.


No comments: