Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer

Dear Blog,

A brief summary of Summer'09.

- I re-read (as Brat #1 read) Daddy-Long-Legs - which is the inspiration for this letter format.

- Brat #1 learnt to swim and roller blade.

- Brat #2 learnt to embroider and to write in cursive ( still an inch away from floating without support and riding her bike without training wheels).

- I learnt to hula hoop, and patidev learnt to swim.

- I also picked up the needle, and altered/mended a lot of my favorite clothes. I don't have a sewing machine, so it was all done old-fashion-style, and I impressed myself.

- Target is an unbelievable store, and I am afraid we are going to discover some scandal that explains the low prices and I will not feel right shopping there much longer.

- Love the new house, but the mortgage still makes butterflies flutter in my tummy. Need some big bonuses to bring down our debt.

- Too much dirty politics at work. Still trying to figure out how to succeed without becoming part of the problem.

Sorry I ignored you for so long. Hope to write more often.

Yours, Alice.



No comments: